Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What licence do i need for cbt?
A. You will need a full driver’s licence or a provisional licence with valid catergory P – mopeds or valid catergory A – motorcycles (the photocard and paper counterpart is required for training)

Q. When is training available?
A. All our training is available 7 days a week.

Q. What happens if i don’t complete my cbt on the day?
A. Don’t worry if you do not complete your training in 1 day. Your instructor will ask you to return for further training until he is satisified you have reached the required standard. There is no extra charge for this training.

Q. How long is a CBT certificate valid for and what can i ride?
A. Your CBT certificate (DL196) is valid for 2 years from date of issue. This will allow you to ride up to 50cc at 16 and up to 125cc at 17 and over. The certificate will enable you to ride an automatic or geared motorcycle and you must displayed ‘l’ plates front and rear.

Q. Do i need my own bike and riding equipment for training?
A. You don’t need your own moped or motorcycle for training, as you can hire our bikes. We also supply helmets, jackets and gloves for you to use during your training. If you do have your own moped/motorcycle, you can use it for training but it must have valid road tax, mot (if necessary), insurance and ‘L’ plates displayed front and rear.

Q. Do i need to pass my theory test before my CBT?
A.No, you only need to pass your theory test when you want to take your full motorcycle test.

Q. How old must i be, before i can take direct access training?
A. You must be 21 or over to begin DAS training.