Compulsory Basic Training is legally required and must be completed by moped and motorcycle riders before they can ride on road, as this validates your provisional moped/motorcycle entitlement on your licence.
CBT is usually completed in 1 day and designed for people who have no experience with mopeds/motorcycles, so they can learn basic skills before riding on road. So don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience, as our instructors will teach you all the relevant skills you need.
If you don’t complete your CBT in 1 day, don’t worry, your instructor will ask you to come back for further training, until you have reached the required standard.
- CBT starts at 9.30am and usually finishes about 5pm
- CBT’s are available 7 days a week
- On completeion of your CBT, you will be issued with a DL196 CBT certificate, which is valid for 2 years
- Your CBT certificate will enable you to ride up to 50cc at 16 and 125cc at 17 and over
- Safety equipment is available
- Mopeds and motorcycles available for training
Please ensure you have a valid full driver’s licence or provisional licence with catergory P for mopeds or catergory A for motorcycles. You must bring your photocard and paper counterpart licence, when you attend your training, as you will not be allowed to take your CBT without both parts of your licence.